Every so often, typically on a Saturday afternoon from 4-6pm, we run our very popular Messy Church.
These events are a lot of fun for the children and feature several craft activities, songs, fun games, life music, a story and food. Not a computer game in sight!
This is a great afternoon for children and families and a perfect opportunity to invite friends and family along.
No charge. Just turn up and join in!
Keep an eye on What’s On for details of our next Messy Church event.
Messy Church is a way of being church for families involving fun
Messy Church is found across the world
Messy Church values:
- Christ-centred – Messy Church is a church, not a craft club, that helps people encounter Jesus as Lord and Saviour.
- All-age – It is for adults and children to enjoy together – every element should be relevant and accessible to all ages.
- Creativity – It uses hands-on activities to explore Bible stories, to reflect a God of creativity and to give people a chance to play together.
- Hospitality – It reflects a God of unconditional love and is a church for people outside church, providing an oasis of welcome and a safe space in which to thrive. Messy Church is about hospitality, expressed most evidently by eating together – whether it’s a plate of sandwiches to share, or sausage and mash.
- Celebration – It reflects a God of joy who wants his people to have life in all its fullness.
If you’re on Facebook you might also like to keep up-to-date with us via the “St. Luke’s Lighthouse Church Messy Church Group“.