Every so often, typically on a Saturday afternoon from 4-6pm, we run our very popular Messy Church.
These events are a lot of fun for the children and feature several craft activities, songs, fun games, life music, a story and food. Not a computer game in sight!
This is a great afternoon for children and families and a perfect opportunity to invite friends and family along.
No charge. Just turn up and join in!
Next Messy Church event
13th October 3pm – 5pm
Messy Church is a way of being church for families involving fun
Messy Church is found across the world
Messy Church values:
- Christ-centred – Messy Church is a church, not a craft club, that helps people encounter Jesus as Lord and Saviour.
- All-age – It is for adults and children to enjoy together – every element should be relevant and accessible to all ages.
- Creativity – It uses hands-on activities to explore Bible stories, to reflect a God of creativity and to give people a chance to play together.
- Hospitality – It reflects a God of unconditional love and is a church for people outside church, providing an oasis of welcome and a safe space in which to thrive. Messy Church is about hospitality, expressed most evidently by eating together – whether it’s a plate of sandwiches to share, or sausage and mash.
- Celebration – It reflects a God of joy who wants his people to have life in all its fullness.
If you’re on Facebook you might also like to keep up-to-date with us via the “St. Luke’s Lighthouse Church Messy Church Group“.
Messy Church logo © The Bible Reading Fellowship 2019. See messychurch.org.uk