Vision, Values & Beliefs
To Be A light, bringing the message of Jesus to our local community
“I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.” John 8:12
We are a family friendly church, with a vision for children to grow into men and women of God. We offer Bible based / word centered teaching to enable people to disciple each other and grow to maturity in their faith. We desire to worship God in the fullness of His Spirit. Our model of the church is one of a family of people who love and care for each other, seeking to reach our local community with the love of God and the truth of the Bible.
Our 12 Core Values
- God is love and we are called to love one another. Love must be the motivation behind all our relationships and every aspect of our church life.
- The Lighthouse church is an Anglican Fresh Expression Church and belongs to Jesus Christ. God is placed at the centre of everything we do as we follow the leading of the Holy Spirit.
- Every believer has a purpose in God. We seek to encourage everyone, (men, women and children), to seek after and grasp their God-given purpose and to discover and develop their natural abilities and spiritual gifting.
- God cares for the Lost. The church must therefore reach out to the community with the gospel of Jesus Christ of repentance love, forgiveness of sins and baptism.
- The Bible is the inspired word of God. We believe the scriptures are at the heart of all we do and are essential for right direction, judgement and personal growth and transformation.
- God delights to be in relationship with us. Being intimate with God through Spirit-filled prayer and worship is an important aspect of our church life.
- We seek to be a praising and worshipping community. Worshipping the Lord in Spirit and in truth is at the heart of obedience to the Lord and following His ways.
- Prayer life is vital to everything we do. We seek to move in a journey of deepening prayer and intercession which covers everything we do.
- Prayer ministry releases the power of God’s Spirit into people’s lives, especially for the sick and broken-hearted. We therefore place a high priority on receiving prayer and praying for others in our meetings and gatherings.
- Fellowship and relationship building is a vital part of the life of our church.
- Families are precious to God. We are a family friendly church in which the ministry offered to our children and youth is regarded as essential and important as that offered to the adults.
- Children are a key focus of our ministry. We are committed to God to raise our children to become spirit-filled, bible believing men and women of God who are wholly obedient to God.
We Believe In…
- The one true God who lives eternally in three persons—the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
- The love, grace and sovereignty of God in creating, sustaining, ruling, redeeming and judging the world.
- The divine inspiration and supreme authority of the Old and New Testament Scriptures, which are the written Word of God—fully trustworthy for faith and conduct.
- The dignity of all people, made male and female in God’s image to love, be holy and care for creation, yet corrupted by sin, which incurs divine wrath and judgement.
- The incarnation of God’s eternal Son, the Lord Jesus Christ—born of the virgin Mary; truly divine and truly human, yet without sin.
- The atoning sacrifice of Christ on the cross: dying in our place, paying the price of sin and defeating evil, so reconciling us with God.
- The bodily resurrection of Christ, the first fruits of our resurrection; his ascension to the Father, and his reign and mediation as the only Saviour of the world.
- The justification of sinners solely by the grace of God through faith in Christ.
- The ministry of God the Holy Spirit, who leads us to repentance, unites us with Christ through new birth, empowers our discipleship and enables our witness.
- The Church, the body of Christ both local and universal, the priesthood of all believers—given life by the Spirit and endowed with the Spirit’s gifts to worship God and proclaim the gospel, promoting justice and love.
- The personal and visible return of Jesus Christ to fulfil the purposes of God, who will raise all people to judgement, bring eternal life to the redeemed and eternal condemnation to the lost, and establish a new heaven and new earth.