Week of prayer
Just a reminder concerning our week of prayer next week.
Prayer meetings are being hosted at various homes at different times during the week (contact Rob Grinsell for more information)
The Men’s group will also be hosting a focused time of prayer in the church at 7,30pm on Monday evening and we shall also be gathering in the church for the church prayer meeting on Wednesday evening from 7.30pm to 9.30pm
The week will conclude with a full day of prayer on Thursday 14th February in the church beginning with our Thursday Communion Service and a prayer table will be available through the café period between 10:30am to 2pm. The prayer day will stop at 3pm and then resume from 7:30-9pm as the Encounter evening. This is a prayer and worship evening with the Bethel team. Time will be spent praying and singing, sharing of testimonies and waiting on the Lord for words for the time the team are with us. The focus will be praying for the town of Hawkinge. Guidance material on Hawkinge will also be provided.
Our vision for 2019 is to become a ‘church without walls’ by reaching out and engaging with our community. We are seeking to listen to the Lord and to the community to find out where the needs are in Hawkinge and where God is already at work. This will enable us to have a more focused and effective outreach. Our great desire is to see people come to the Lord and we are expectant that we shall see this by the end of the year.
Please pray for:
- Our youth work as it seeks to engage with local young people and the young people of our church community.
- Our work with those with special needs and the elderly, a work which is expanding and offering exciting opportunities.
- The cafes both on Wednesday and Thursday and the mission opportunities these provide.
- Alpha, Youth Alpha and Youth Freedom in Christ which have been greatly effective and blessed.
- Our children’s and schools work and new schools initiative planned to engage with the schools in the classrooms.
- Our Connect Groups which seek to reach out to our personal networks and include people in our shared life as a church.
- Our men’s and women’s ministry and invitations to friends.
- The ‘Limitless Love’ initiative to reach out to the most vulnerable people in our community.
We are looking to breakthrough into the lives of local people with the love and power of God. This prayer week will take us into a deeper, richer intimacy with the Lord, to release more of his anointing and a greater measure of the Holy Spirit’s gifting for our love and outreach to the community.
Every blessing in Christ