Study Questions – 15th January
The Woman Caught in Adultery
(Coming to Jesus with Confidence)
John 8: 1-11
Home group questions for a 45 minute Bible Study
There may not be time to explore all the questions in which case choose which ones you might like to discuss together.
- Why did the teachers of the law only bring the woman to stand in front of Jesus?
- How did the Pharisees try to trap Jesus?
- Read Exodus 32.16. What connection does it have to this event?
- Read Matthew 7.1-5. What point is Jesus making? Can you think of any examples or experiences which might illustrate this?
- What other examples can you think of in the gospels that demonstrate the compassion of Jesus?
- Read Luke 19. 1-10. How do the stories compare?
- Read John 8 verse 11 again. Now read Romans 6- 1-14. What further insights does the Romans passage give to Jesus’ command to her?
Listening To God
Ask the Holy Spirit to speak to you about what you have learned and discussed.
Read Psalm 51 and pray for ourselves as we stand before the LORD.