Study Questions – 7th November
John 5: 1-20 – The Healing At The Pool
Home group questions for a 45 minute Bible Study
There may not be time to explore all the questions in which case choose which ones you might like to discuss together.
Jesus gave us a great commission to go into the world to preach the gospel and heal the sick, (Mark 15:16-18). Our understanding of the healing miracles of Jesus is essential for our appreciation of healing. I pray you will be aided and encouraged through this teaching.
He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation. Whoever believes and is baptised will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned. And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues; they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well.”
Mark 16: 15-18
Share with one another your own experience, observations and thoughts on the subject of healing.
- Why does Jesus ask a man who had been invalid for 38 years, ‘do you want to get well?’
- How does the invalid man receive his healing? What lessons can we learn from this?
- See verses 16-20. How does Jesus explain this miracle?
- Read verse 14. Now read Mark 2:19 and John 9:1-12. What connections are there between these stories?
- Read 1 Peter 2:24. On what basis does Jesus heal?
Listening To God
Ask the Holy Spirit to speak to you about what you have learned and discussed.
Spend some time praying for those you know who are sick.