Study Questions – 27th November
Jesus walks on the water
Home group questions for a 45 minute Bible Study
There may not be time to explore all the questions in which case choose which ones you might like to discuss together.
Training our response
Read John 6: 16-21
- What 4 things cause the disciples to be afraid? What lessons do we learn from this about the causes of fear?
- What challenges and anxieties do you face in a typical day?
- Think about the ways you experience fear and anxiety. How does it affect you physically, psychologically, emotionally, and spiritually?
- See John 6; 16-21. Why does Jesus come to his disciples, walking on the water? What is he teaching his disciples in the storm?
- Isa 26.3 and Isa 43.1-3. These verses exhort us to remind ourselves of God’s faithfulness. How has the Lord been faithful to you in the past? What experience do you have of God helping you in difficult times?
- Philippians 4: 4-9. Paul exhorts the Philippians to rejoice when faced with trails and anxieties. What benefit does praise have when we face difficulties?
Listening To God
Ask the Holy Spirit to speak to you about what you have learned and discussed.
Pray for those in our church family who are facing trails and difficulties at the moment.