Study Questions – 10th October
John Chapter 3: 1-21 – Jesus teaches Nicodemus
Home group questions for a 45 minute Bible Study
There may not be time to explore all the questions in which case choose which ones you might like to discuss together.
These questions are based around Rob Grinsell’s talk in church on Sunday 9th October which you can listen to in full here…
Share with one another your own experience, observations and thoughts on this subject.
- Nicodemus came to see Jesus at night? What do you think Nicodemus feared losing by following Jesus openly? What might some Christians fear losing if they were to fully embrace Jesus?
- What did Jesus mean when he said, ‘no one can see the Kingdom of God unless he is born again’?
- How would you explain verse 5 to a new Christian?
- What point is Jesus making about the Holy Spirit in verse 8?
- What do you understand Jesus meant when he said, ‘flesh gives birth to flesh and Spirit gives birth to spirit’? See verse 6.
- Verses 16-19. What do you understand by the phrase, ‘born again’? How do we become ‘born again’?
Listening To God
Ask the Holy Spirit to speak to you about what you have learned and discussed.
Spend some time praying for one another.