Study Questions – 2nd October
2 Corinthians 8 verse 1-24 & 9 verses 6-9 – Giving
Home group questions for a 45 minute Bible Study
There may not be time to explore all the questions in which case choose which ones you might like to discuss together.
Share with one another your own experience, observations and thoughts on the subject of Money and the Christian Faith.
- Why do Christians often refer to giving as sowing a seed?
- What Christian teaching have you received in the past on the subject of money and giving which you would either agree or disagree with. Explain why?
- Read Malachi 3 verses 10-11. What benefits are afforded to God’s people when they give to the Lord?
- Why did the Macedonian church urgently plead with the apostles for the privilege of giving?
- In 2 Corinthians 9 verse 7, what principal does Paul suggest should be the basis of our giving?
- What evidence is there in these passages that we should be good stewards of our God given resources?
Read the account of the Good Samaritan in Luke 10 verses 30-37.
What lessons does this passage teach us about a Christian attitude to giving?
Listening To God
Ask the Holy Spirit to speak to you about what you have learned and discussed.
Spend some time praying for God’s will for our personal and church finances.