Study Questions – 4th September
John Chapter 1 – The Logos
Home group questions for a 45 minute Bible Study
There may not be time to explore all the questions in which case choose which ones you might like to discuss together.
These questions are based around Rob Grinsell’s talk in church on Sunday 4th September 2016…
What insight, principle, or observation from the sermon did you find most helpful?
- What assertions does John make in verses 1-9 that Jesus is God?
- Can you think of another example within the gospels which also testifies to the divinity of Jesus?
- Look at John 14:5-14. How does Jesus himself testify that he is God?
- What connections can you make between Exodus 33.7-11 and John 1:14?
- Look at Matthew 17: 2-8. Why is Jesus described by theologians as the ‘Tabernacle of God’?
- Look at 1 Cor. 6:1-9. How can we as the body of Christ be the Tabernacle or the meeting place between God and man?
Listening To God
Ask the Holy Spirit to speak to you about what you have learned and discussed.
Spend some time praying for those people in your life who need to meet with God.