Study Questions – 25th September
John Chapter 2 – The Wedding at Cana
Home group questions for a 45 minute Bible Study
There may not be time to explore all the questions in which case choose which ones you might like to discuss together.
These questions are based around Rob Grinsell’s talk in church on Sunday 25th September which you can listen to in full here…
Jesus first miracle which took place at Cana, in Galilee, shows us just how important marriage is to Jesus. So what can we learn from this passage that will help our marriages in these troublesome days.
Share with one another your own experience, observations and thoughts on this subject.
- Have there been times when you felt, ‘out of wine’ and dry as a Christian? What has restored you?
- Why was it a blessing that they ran out of wine? What lessons can we learn from this?
- Verse 4. What did Jesus mean by, ‘My time has not yet come’?
- What does verse 5 tell us about the faith and insight of Mary?
- Verse 11. John suggests this miracle is the ‘first sign’. What does he mean by ‘sign’ and what does it tell us about Jesus?
- In John chapter 19 verse 26-27. What is the significance of these verses to this story?
Listening To God
Ask the Holy Spirit to speak to you about what you have learned and discussed.
Spend some time praying for God’s renewal in people’s lives.