Study Questions – 9th May
Rob continues the “School of the Spirit” series talking about ways in which the Holy Spirit can communicate with people.
Home group questions for the 45 minute Bible Study
There may not be time to explore all the questions in which case choose which ones you might like to discuss together.
These questions are based around Rob Grinsell’s talk in church on Sunday 8th May 2016…
Ahead of our teaching series (and focus on) worship, share with one another your own experience, observations and thoughts on this subject.
- Read Acts 2. 17-18. What is prophecy?
- Read 1 Cor. 14. V1-23. What is the purpose of prophecy?
- Read 1 Tim 1. 18. How can prophecy be useful in spiritual warfare?
- Read Acts 1.17-18. List the ways in which the Holy Spirit can communicate to us.
- What mistakes can be made in prophesy?
- How should we test and weigh prophecy?
- How do we receive spiritual gifts?
- Read: 1 Cor. 12. 11: I Tim 4.14
- 2 Tim 1.6
- Why is faith important in receiving spiritual gifts?
Spend a short time in worship. You may wish to sing some choruses or read out some scriptures, pray and offer up thanksgiving.
Listening To God
Ask the Holy Spirit to speak to you about what you have learned and discussed.
Spend some time praying for yourself and ask the Holy Spirit to speak to you regarding prophecy.