Study Questions – 2nd May
The Gift of Tongues
The spiritual life is often one of ups and downs. So how does one deal with depression and the way it affects your prayer life? In this helpful and practical sermon, Rob Grinsell shows us how to deal with those times when we struggle spiritually, and explains how the gift of tongues can play an important part in our spiritual growth.
Home group questions for the 45 minute Bible Study
There may not be time to explore all the questions in which case choose which ones you might like to discuss together.
These questions are based around Rob Grinsell’s talk in church on Sunday 1st May 2016…
- How would you describe your relationship with Holy Spirit?
- What has been your personal experience with ‘speaking in tongues’ up to this point in your life?
- What concerns do you have about spiritual gifts in general and ‘speaking in tongues’ in particular?
- Read Romans 8. 26-27. How does the Holy Spirit help us in our prayer?
- See 1 Corinthians 14: 2, 4-15. What does Paul mean when he says, ‘for if I pray in a tongue my spirit prays? What benefit does this give in prayer?
- What is the purpose of speaking in tongues?
- How do spiritual gifts help the church as a whole?
- What would motivate you to discover, develop and use your own spiritual gifting?
- In Romans 12:6-8, what is your understanding of grace? How is grace related to spiritual gifts?
Listening To God
Ask the Holy Spirit to speak to you about what you have learned and discussed.
Spend some time praying for our witness to others.