Study Questions – 25th April
The gifts of the Spirit have been a subject of controversy in recent years. But as Rob Grinsell shows, in this helpful sermon, this need not be so. God out of His love and Grace has gifted all believers in a special way in order that they may serve Him and the body of Christ. But what is your gift and how can you discern it?
Home group questions for the 45 minute Bible Study
There may not be time to explore all the questions in which case choose which ones you might like to discuss together.
These questions are based around Rob Grinsell’s talk in church on Sunday 24th April which you can listen to in full here…
Warming up questions
What is your personal experience with either using or seeing the use of spiritual gifts?
How would you describe the difference between a natural talent and a spiritual gift?
- Read Acts 12. 1-31. What are spiritual gifts?
- Read 1 Cor. 14. V1-5, 12, 26-27. What is the purpose of spiritual gifting?
- Read 1 Tim 1. 18-20. How can spiritual gifts be useful in spiritual warfare?
- Read Acts 1.17-18. List the ways in which the Holy Spirit can communicate to us.
- How do we receive spiritual gifts?
- Read: 1 Cor. 12. 11: I Tim 4.14: 2 Tim 1.6.
- Why is faith important in receiving spiritual gifts?
- How can we ‘stir up’ or ‘fan into flame’ our gifting?
- How does knowing about spiritual gifts help the church as a whole?
- Why is the fruit of the Spirit important when using the spiritual gifts?
Spend a short time in worship
You may wish to sing some choruses or read out some scriptures, pray and offer up thanksgiving.
Listening To God
Ask the Holy Spirit to speak to you about what you have learned and discussed.
Spend some time praying for yourselves and ask the Holy Spirit to speak to you regarding the subject of your gifting and calling.