Study Questions – 18th April
Home group questions for the 45 minute Bible Study
There may not be time to explore all the questions in which case choose which ones you might like to explore together.
These questions are based around Rob Grinsell’s talk on the Holy Spirit which you can listen to in full here…
- See Luke 11. 9-13. what conditions does Jesus give for receiving the Holy Spirit?
- Read Acts 8 12-17. Who preached to the people of Samaria to believe in Jesus?
- When Peter and John arrived at Samaria, what did they pray for the Christians there? Why did they pray for them?
- How did the Samaritan believers receive the Holy Spirit? Also See Acts 9.17. How did Saul of Tarsus, Paul, receive the Holt Spirit? What is the significance of this?
- See Acts 10.44-48. Turn to the person next to you and using these 3 scriptures, (Acts 8:14-17, Acts 9.17, Acts 10.44-48), explain how people receive the Holy Spirit.
- What question does Paul ask the disciples at Ephesus and why? (Acts 19.2)
Listening To God
Ask the Holy Spirit to speak to you about what you have learned and discussed.
Spend some time praying for our witness to others.